Product of the month
In-Cylinder Linear Displacement Sensor
Product Code: ICS100
Designed specifically for use in hydraulic and pneumatic actuator applications, where the sensor is fitted inside the pressurised environment.
Available in a choice of two mounting styles (Internal or External), these sensors can be supplied in lengths to suit actuator strokes up to 1100mm. Extended lengths to 1600mm can also be supplied - talk to our application engineers about your requirement.
Key Features & Benefits
- Competitively priced - cost of servo systems reduced.
- Integrated with actuator design - eliminates damage to externally fitted sensors.
- Removable slider assembly - simple to install.
- Cable integrally moulded - maximum sealing and strain relief
- Rapid despatch - Eliminates customer inventory
- CE approved - Confidence in EMC performance
See RELATED DOCUMENTS for more details.
The ICS100 brochure includes a two page guide to assist cylinder designers determine the key dimensions.
Operating fluids - caution
The hydraulic fluid (H) version of the ICS100 has been tested for use in mineral oils only.
We do not recommend this sensor for use:-
- In systems containing water based fluids (e.g. water glycol)
- In systems containing oil with zinc additives present
- Where system filtration allows particles greater than 10 microns in size
Information provided on product applications should be used by customers for guidance only. Customers should satisfy themselves of the actual performance requirements and subsequently the suitability for any particular design application and the environment in which the ICS100 is to be used. If you have any doubt about the content, cleanliness or filtration levels of your fluid, we recommend the use of the Penny+Giles contactless in-cylinder transducer range - see product details on the ICT series.
See how Xylem Flow Control is using this product here